Keweenaw Mineral Days benefits the A. E. Seaman Mineral Museum.
This event is hosted by the A. E. Seaman Mineral Museum in collaboration with Keweenaw Gem and Gift, Inc.
Keweenaw Mineral Days has multiple offerings: unlimited visits to the museum; access to our Mineral Surplus Sale; a 15% discount at the sale, in the museum’s gift shop, and Keweenaw Gem and Gift's store; a private viewing of the museum and silent auction; and entrance to a talk by renowned collector/author/speaker Tom Rosemeyer with refreshment and door prizes.
Please see the following sections for the schedule and registration details.
Schedule of Events
Friday August 4 through Saturday August 12:
- free admission to the A.E. Seaman Mineral Museum
- 15% discount on museum gift shop merchandise
- 15% discount at Keweenaw Gem and Gift's store in Houghton, MI
Friday August 4:
- 1 pm to 4 pm: Mineral Surplus Sale at the A. E. Seaman Mineral Museum
- 15% off all items
- to be held outside, weather permitting
- 5 pm to 7 pm:
- museum will be open only to registrants for a private viewing
- a silent auction (there will be a wide range of mineral specimens from the local area and beyond)
- 7 pm to 8 pm:
- a talk given by renowned collector and author Tom Rosemeyer on “Micromineral Treasures from Michigan’s Copper Country”
- light refreshments will be served
- door prizes
How To Register
Registration: $10/adult (18+), $5/minor (up to 17)
Minors 14 years old and younger need to be accompanied by a registered adult.
Registration includes exclusive access to:
- the special Mineral Surplus Sale on Friday August 4, 1 to 4pm, and 15% off
- private viewing of the museum and silent auction
- the “Micromineral Treasures from Michigan’s Copper Country” presentation by Tom Rosemeyer accompanied by door prizes and light refreshments
- free admission to the A. E. Seaman Mineral Museum for event's duration
- 15% off in the museum gift shop and at Keweenaw Gem and Gift's store from August 4 through August 12
Please contact Julie Stark, email@example.com, with any questions.